This article describes the steps to prevent forecasting customers or items within customers in Demand Planning using an uploaded donotforecast table. The steps provided here are for both customers that are demand planned independently or are currently in the "other" category. The "other" category is described in the "How to Run and Manage the S&OP Pareto Process" support article.
Go to Pareto Customer Level to identify the customer
If the customer is not in the "other" proceed to step 2 otherwise...
- Click the check box for the customer to be removed from the "other"
- Click on "Enable Forecast Flag" to enable the customer to be forecasted independently and not as part of the "other" aggregate demand group.
Please note that if there are items in the "other" category within the customer, then you have to remove the items from the other category per the same steps described below.
Review to ensure customer is enabled for independent forecasting
There will be an asterisk after "Yes*" as shown in the image above.
Once confirmed run Pareto
- You will notice, the Pareto indicator in the planning progress toolbar turns yellow to indicate an update is necessary.
- Click "Run Pareto" to update the pareto with the change that has been made.
- When the pareto is complete, proceed to step 2 to download the detail of the items within the customer to not be forecasted.
There are two columns needed from the spreadsheet:
- The node - which is the item level
- The context node - which is the customer level
- Remove all non-essential rows by sorting on the parent and then deleting all rows that do not include the node level
Delete all other columns and the rows that are not customer and item
Add Column A and Populate with Customer Number
- Move column C to column A
- Remove row header
- Save as a tab delimited text file named "sopdonotforecast"
- Zip the file and upload per the instruction in the manually uploading data support article. The upload will take time since it initiates a new pareto analysis as it is being uploaded.
Forecasts are now turned off for the items within the customer
Drilling down the customer context within the pareto reveals the forecast flag is now set to "No*"