DemandCaster receives the data necessary to run an analysis in one of two ways.
- Automated Data Upload: This is an automated process done via the DataHub as described in the DataHub article.
- Manual Data Upload: This is a manual data upload process as described below.
In both cases, the data being uploaded must conform to the text file format as described in the Data Table Requirements articles. If the client company assembles or manufacturers goods, the appropriate manufacturing files will be added to the folder containing the distribution file requirements.
Compress (zip) files to be uploaded
- Make certain all the files are prepared per the upload files requirements. All files must be tab delimited text files or they will not be uploaded.
- Compress all files together in a single folder prior to uploading. All files must be compressed or they will not be uploaded.
- All files or just a single file may be uploaded at a time as long as they are in a compressed format prior to upload.
Go to data upload interface
- Click "Data" in the top menu to open the Data menu group.
- Click on "Data Upload" to go to the Data Upload page.
- Click Select to select the file to be uploaded.
Select compressed file(s) and upload
- Click "Select" button to open the file dialogue
- Go to folder where the compressed files are located and click on the file to be uploaded
- Select the file to prepare the upload.
- Click "Upload" to begin data upload process
- The progress of the upload will be visible from the "Data Upload" interface
File Upload Progress
NOTE: Please do not leave the page or close the browser prior to seeing the upload progress box.
Progress of Each File is Provided
- Once the upload is completed, please check the "Completed" column to make sure the upload status changes from "No" to "Yes."
- If it stay as "No" click the delete button to remove the upload file and try again. If the issue persists, please contact support.
- Review the upload file for errors by clicking on the Log icon.
- You can also download the tables to review what was uploaded by clicking on the download link (after the upload is completed).
Review Upload File for Errors
Follow the steps described in the article: Reviewing Upload Files for Errors