By default, a primary supplier is assigned to an item from the ERP. Alternate suppliers are automatically made available as a supplier option in the planner action detail if there is a record of purchasing from the supplier in the purchase order history table that is uploaded to DemandCaster.
In some cases, a user may want to add a secondary supplier as an option particularly if the item is new or has no history of purchasing from the alternate supplier. The following article describes how to add a secondary supplier.
Go to Data Maintenance
- Go to Data Maintenance interface
- Select "Product" from drop down
Select the Item to which a supplier will be added
- Select the item by clicking on the check box
- Click the Check button called "Associate to Vendors"
A Supplier/Vendor pop-up opens
Select the supplier to be added
- Search for supplier in the search box or navigate page by page at the bottom of the pop-up
- Click on the + icon to associate to the item. More than one supplier may be associated to the item.
- Click Save to save the association.
Select alternate supplier in item planner action detail interface
- The next time you review the planner action orders, the alternate supplier will be available from the supplier drop down.
- You may select the alternate supplier as required.