This lesson describes how to stop and restart the data connector service located on the companies Windows server.
This is an important step when the Data Connector loses connectivitity with the DemandCaster data hub. The data connector service will likely show that is running but in the instance where it loses connectivity, you need to stop and restart the connector.
Go to Windows Services
There are a number of ways to find the list of Windows Services located on the server:
- Go to Control Panel -> System and Security -> Services
- Or you can Right-click on Computer icon on desktop and select Manage to open a new window. Now go to Services & Applications -> Services.
- You can also open the same from Administrative Tools -> Computer Management.
- Or you can directly open "Services" list by providing services.msc command in RUN or Start menu search box.
Start or Stop the Data Connector service
- In the list of services, find "Data Connector." Sort by Name to quickly locate.
- Right click on the "Data Connector" service
- Click "Start" or "Stop"