Upon completing a manual upload or an automated upload, you should periodically review the error log for errors and correct as required. Because DemandCaster is a relational database, errors are often caused by missing items or other relational issues between tables.
You may also experience data not being rendered correctly in DemandCaster. If you identify such an issue, the issue is likely related to the queries used in the integration process or a failed upload.
This article helps identify such issues.
Go to Data Upload to Review Log
- Click on "Data"
- Click on "Data Upload"
- Click "Log"
In addition, double check to ensure there is no upload failure as described in the article "How to Address a Manual Upload Failure."
Reviewing Log for Errors
Review Upload File for Errors
The error log provides a list of all the entries that were unable to loaded into the DemandCaster database.
- Click on the Files dropdown to view by the file uploaded.
- Click on the Error Types dropdown to view by error type.
- Search for a specific value within the list
- Download an excel of all the errors
- You may also download the uploaded file to view the detail
BOM Cycle Errors
A BOM cycle prevents the BOM from being loaded. If your BOM's are not being loaded, please check the error log for the BOM cycle message. See image below.
Values to check to ensure data is flowing correctly to DemandCaster
In addition to reviewing the error log, here is a suggested list of values to review to ensure they match your ERP data. If any values do not match, review the data integration process to ensure there are no issues. This review is irrespective of the data being correct for planning purposes. When using any of the analytics for review, ensure they have been run to reflect the latest data load.
- Review selected items 52 weeks sales and units. Use the Classification analysis page.
- Review selected item on hand, open replenishment orders, and open customer orders. Best place to review is the item planning detail view as long as the analysis is up to date.
- Review selected items lead times in the Lead Time analysis page.
- Review selected items stocking status in the Stocking analysis page.
- Review selected items make versus buy settings in the Stocking analysis page. If your items have bills of material, they will not explode unless they are set as make items.
- If DRP is enabled, review selected items distribution and manufacturing network relationships. Best place to review is the item planning detail view as long as the analysis is up to date.
As stated in this articles introduction, errors are typically related to relational data not being included in the upload file. Please contact your IT personnel to address the issues.