DemandCaster includes the capability to automate requirement planning, specific analytics, report deliveries, and other processes.
Open Automation Page
- Click on Utilities in the top menu bar
- Click on Automation in the Utilities menu group
- Click Add New
Create a New Automation
- Enter the name of the Automation
- Select the type of automation per the next step
- Determine Selection Type:
- All Items: Runs the requirement plan automation against all active items
- Filter Selection: Runs the requirement plan automation against a filter group of items using the selection filter options i.e. tags, classification, product class, vendors, etcetera.
- Selected Items: Runs the automation against a one or more individually selected items.
- Click Next
Select the Type of Automation to Run
- Requirement Plan Schema: Automates requirement planning
- Supply Plan Schema: Automates supply planning updates
- Classification Schema: Automates the classification analysis
- Segmentation Schema: Automates the segmentation analysis
- Lead Time Schema: Automates the lead time analysis
- Stocking Schema: Automates the stocking analysis
- Reverse ETL Schema: Automates reverse load to ERP or other external data sources
- Custom Report Schema: Automates the update and deliver of custom reports including email delivery
Click next to follow the steps to build the automation.
- The trigger is another process that triggers the requirement plan to run when the trigger process is completed. In most every case, the trigger for a requirement plan is tied to an ETL. The ETL is the data integration process.
- Select "Automated Data Upload" and select the ETL template that is used to run the daily data upload. If no ETL template is shown, contact DemandCaster support.
- When triggers are selected, the Scheduling tab is not applied.
- Click the back arrow to save the automation
Scheduled Automation List Overview
- Triggers have date stamps of when they were last run and show the ETL template that triggers the event.
- Scheduled automation show the previous and next schedule run.
- Clicking the run icon will initiate the automation off schedule
- The time icon shows that the specific automation is a scheduled automation
- Clicking edit icon open the specific automation for editing
- Delete icon deletes the specific auotmation